Friday, July 3, 2009

Why MBA !!!

The most difficult question for any young aspirant. MBA has become synonym to "rewarding career option", wide knowledge of Industry, door step to white collar job and respectful profession.

I was also one of the aspirant a few years back for this degree, and I am now thankful to GOD that I was not selected to one of the coveted MBA schools ( I considered it as BIG failure of my life), as by then I was not mature enough to know the real meaning of pursuing for this degree. For me it was then gateway for lucrative job, for me that means handsome salary and several packages that would take me around the world as part of my several global assignments.

I spent 5 years in leading MNC and one of the largest corporate house in India, and I learned what is business in true sense. I saw people who personify the words such as leadership, Inspiration, trust,loyalty, dedication and many more that we normally finds in the self-help books. Seeing people living such attributes makes u realize the other aspects related to these qualities, which are often not considered , discussed and pondered upon.

Sacrifice, stressful life, cul-de-sac state of professional life, moral-dichotomy are few of those attributes which are important ingredients of leadership, for which MBA trains you. These attributes are sin-qua-non of your approach towards problem solving, analysis and decision making. but these are never exposed, never brought into lime light when success rainbow is thrown into the market. When sparkling words are muttered in the praise of any product,idea or service.When individuals are taught the basics of Integration,trust and ethics they must also be trained in handling the dichotomy of idealism, the importance of sacrifice handling of stress.

Of course, MBA opens the gateway to big organisations, which are founded or conceived by humans like us, out of their passion, dream or initiative. These organisations in return provides product or service to the individuals. So every business is there to serve the customer or people like us. So doing any thing that has direct or direct impact on human being is of prime importance to keep bridle at our deeds,decisions and discretion. So until you are serving the people by your right acts, it is good.The moment your motive changes from service to any thing else, you have chosen the wrong path.

It is difficult path, you are chosen as one of the individuals who can make right decisions by the virtue of your skill, knowledge, expertise. you must fulfill the expectation of the masses from your actions,deeds and decision.

This is why I want to do MBA....

1 comment: